Hello! In December of 2012, a meet-up group called Fox River Mamas was started as a support group for Mamas living along the beautiful Fox River in Saint Charles, Geneva, Batavia and Elgin, Illinois.
The Fox River area is one that is rich in both beauty and history, sitting on the edge of Chicago suburbia next to horse country and farms but blessed with theatre, festivals and lively downtowns.
Fox River Mamas is a local e-community sharing events, recommendations and other information. Its purpose is to facilitate real face to face connections through electronic means building a sense of community and support for mamas in our area.
Please share this post encouraging other mamas in the area to sign up for our Facebook group page, website and meet-up group.
Currently, we are:
- Over 100 Mamas on a Facebook Group Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/151179581753187/
- Over 1200 views on website http://foxrivermamas.com/ which started posting regularly a little over a month ago in Dec 2013
- Website averages 20 views daily from search engines and Facebook
- Over 60 Mamas in our Meet-Up Group http://www.meetup.com/Fox-River-Mamas/ which has met regularly over the past year growing a network of local friends and connections
- Half a Dozen articles personally published by Karen Moon on elephant journal.com such as http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/12/changing-the-world-through-dances-of-universal-peace-karen-moon/ (elephant journal is an electronic magazine website with over 4 million unique monthly hits)
Our ‘Mama’ Philosophy:
There are hundreds of paths up the mountain all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong. – Hindu proverb
Get to the top of the mountain, that’s the Goal!
* Logo is a picture of a quilt done by the Ever So Talented Karen Bachman Kells – you can see more of her beautiful work here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karens-Art-Quilts/112450852178107