Disclaimer: Below are personal opinions only taken from Fox River Mamas Facebook group page. As always, we realize you may not agree and must use your own judgement.
We’re looking for a open-minded pediatrician who takes a more natural approach, or who is open to natural approaches in the Fox Valley area.
- Are you looking for delayed or no vac options? There is dr Reilly who I believe does not even carry vaccines in the offices, dr Schening in south Elgin offers homeopathic options before antibiotics and will do delayed scheduled or no vaccines depending on your preferences I know there are a handful more in the area as well
We haven’t entirely decided yet, but do know we don’t want the hep B at the hospital. And are likely skipping the vit K and opting for drops instead if it’s a boy
Where is dr reilly? I’m looking for a closer option, though I have found a very great dr in Yorkville, dr Natalie Drummond
- We use Dr. Reilly. He is located in Fox River Grove and is a family doctor, not a pediatrician. My whole family uses him, which is really great. We have had an absolutely wonderful time working with him. You can find more information at his website www.drmichaelreilly.com. His office is on 14 near rt 22. The only downside is that I believe he only take bcbs for insurance
- You can also try Dr. Crystal Foresman Landers, OTR/L, ND – Living Tree Natural Health, Inc.. She is an amazing natropathic doctor located in Hoffman Estates. I have personally worked with her and have been really happy with the experience thus far! She does not take insurance and like Dr. Reilly, does not offer vaccinations, but another great option.
- It’s a bit of a hike but we go to Dr. Federici in Genoa at Family First Physicians. She is amazing! She takes a natural approach to everything, is a huge breastfeeding advocate, pro-attachment parenting and co-sleeping, and helps guide us through the vaccination process. We delay vaccinations but I know she supports all approaches. We make the drive because we can’t imagine going to anyone else.
- I used Rachel Fabbi in Geneva. Fox Valley Natural Medicine. Rachel is AWESOME <3 she was my doula at my youngest’s … I second Rachel. She is a yogi at Prana, and I have high respect for her and her integrity.
- I’ve heard good things about Dr. Gina Song in St. Charles. She’s my next call
- I had kid care 12 yrs ago and had to switch pediatricians. it was stressful! however, the doctor that I found was amazing and I continued with her even after using kid care. She is with Dupage medical group in st Charles by Office Depot across from Charlestown Mall. Dr. Chris Redjukowski 3755 E Main Street 630-348-3100 great bedside manners and loves kids