Karen (formerly MacGrandle formerly Policano) Moon
I am an Older Mom with Young Kids and Older Kids, Four in All – Remarried, Striving to make a Step Family with Love and God’s help.
I think technology is a great way to meet like-minded people, but then we should all get off our duff and away from computers. Being a stay at home mom can get rather lonely at times especially without family in the area, but unfortunately, babies and toddlers and teenagers schedules don’t always accommodate a social life.
I am trying to find that balance between taking care of myself so that I can take care of others. (And have dangled quite precariously on the edge of sanity over the years in finding it.)
I have always admired people with passion. Mine is spirituality, mysticism, the connection between all of us and finding ways to find peace with my naturally anxious personality.
Your’s might be cooking, fashion, healthy living, farming, yoga, exercise, whatever – it takes all types, but nothing moves me more than people who have the courage to be themselves (while of course respecting others rights in that regard as well.)
Get happy with yourself.
Until you are, nobody else is going to be.
Along those lines, Caroline Myss, page 61 of Anatomy of the Spirit pretty much sums up my life philosophy:
- All circumstances can be changed in a moment, and all illness can be healed. The Divine is not limited by human time, space or physical concerns.
- Be consistent; live what you believe.
- Change is constant. Every life goes through phases of difficult change as well as peace. Learn to go with the flow of change rather than try to stop change from occurring.
- Never look to another person to make you happy – happiness is an internal, personal attitude and responsibility.
- Life is essentially a learning experience. Every situation, challenge, and relationship contains some message worth learning or teaching to others.
- Positive energy works more effectively than negative energy in each and every situation.
- Live in the present moment, and practice forgiveness of others.
You cannot help what you feel, but you can change the direction of your thoughts, and thus your mind and thus, your entire Life.
Be Weird. Be Yourself.
And the Right People will appear in your life.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the law of the universe will be simpler.”
– H.D. Thoreau
To contact me through e-mail: karenleemacg@Comcast.net